- Animate | Faith begins April 14
- Animate | FAITH, an Adult Sunday School Series Facilitated by Pastor Matt Staniz, runs April 14 – May 26 during the Education Hour. Animate FAITH brings together seven leading Christian voices to create an accessible, captivating exploration of big questions of the Christian faith – designed to spark conversation in faith communities like ours.
Topics & Presenters
• God: Faith Is a Quest Brian McLaren
• Religion: Spirituality is not Enough Lillian Daniel
• Jesus: The Revolution of Love Mark Scandrette
• Salvation: Abundant Life Now Shane Hipps
• Cross: Where God Is Nadia Bolz-Weber
• Bible: A Book Like No Other Lauren Winner
• Church: An Imperfect Family Bruce Reyes-Chow
Animate Faith interactive journals (optional) are available for $15. Participants can delve deeper and reflect on Animate session content, at church and home. Contact the church office to reserve your journal today!
- Fifth Grade First Communion
- Maudy Thursday is a very special time in the lives of several of our fifth graders, who completed an in-depth, seven-week study of Holy Communion under the guidance of Lynne d'Entremont, Melora Bauman, and Herta Flangan. In the morning, they gather for Scripture reading, prayer, and baking the unleavened wafers we use for communion that night. They also share in a Seder meal and participate in foot washing. A special thank you to Phyllis Pfister for educating the class concerning the communion table setting and to Elizabeth Bauman for her artistic assistance and generous time in creating the cards and gifts for the 5th graders.
The students keep their communion glasses as a remembrance of this day. They will be taken from the Baptismal Font as recognition of the bond between the two Sacraments.
Click on "more" to see some pictures from the morning workshop and the service.
- learn more...
- Thursday Morning Bible Study
- Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Council Room - taught by Pastor Ericsson and Pastor Staniz.
The class takes up the book of Exodus this spring. We're using a study from the National Council of Churches of Christ, by The Rev. Dr. Frank Yamada, of McCormick Theological Seminary in Chicago.
- learn more...
- Men's Weekday Bible Study
- A men's Bible Study meets Thursday evenings. This study will look at either the lesson from the Old Testament or the Epistle chosen for the coming Sunday's worship. The men's study meets in the Council room at 7:00 p.m. Thursdays.
Click HERE for the ELCA Web page where lessons for the coming weeks are posted.
- Learning for All Ages
- In the Fall, Winter and Spring, classes for children and youth meet in the education wing, at the right end of the building as you enter the doors.
2 year-olds and their parents meeting together
Preschool, Kindergarten, right on through High School. Classes for adults meet either in the Council Room, across from the church office or in Schlack Hall.
Look up your classroom on the chart on the bulletin board in the Education Wing