All are welcome, No exceptions
Jesus was famous for extending a radical welcome to everyone he met, crossing over all kinds of human-made lines and boundaries. Having received Jesus’ radical welcome ourselves, we extend that same welcome to all people.
At Saint Luke, every person’s identity is recognized and celebrated as a gift from God –no exceptions! Whatever your race, culture or color, you are welcome here. Whatever your marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political philosophy, physical or intellectual ability, you are welcome here. If you are inked, pierced, both, or neither, you are welcome here. When you come with squirmy toddlers, expressive infants, or no kids, you are welcome here. Whether you have a background in the Lutheran church, some other church, or no church, you are welcome here. Whether you are excited about what you believe, or are unsure if you believe anything, you are welcome here.
What should I expect from a service?
- The service at Saint Luke includes vibrant worship music and a message by one of our Pastors. Our music includes both hymns and contemporary pieces, and often incorporates one of our choirs or the contemporary praise band. During the school year, we have two Sunday worship services. We celebrate Holy Communion at both, in which all are welcome to participate. Jesus welcomes everyone to His table -- no exceptions! The 8:15 am Morning Light worship service is 45 minutes long and provides a time and place to breathe, reflect, and rest in God’s presence during the busyness of life. Education programs & the 10:30am service both are approximately 60 minutes long.
How early should I arrive?
- Plan on arriving about 10 minutes before service. This will give you time to park, grab a cup of coffee before the service begins, and get seated before the music starts.
What should I wear?
- People at Saint Luke dress in a variety of ways. Some wear suits and ties, while others prefer blue jeans. Feel free to dress in whichever way you feel comfortable.
What about my kids?
- Children are always welcome in worship. During the school year, at the 10:30am service, children ages 3-8 years old are invited to the front for a Children’s message designed just for them! At the conclusion of the children’s message, kids are dismissed with adult leaders to participate in Children’s Church. Children’s Church includes stories, games, crafts and activities in a safe, caring, and age-appropriate environment. Kids are then escorted back to service to rejoin their parent(s) for communion. Nursery care is also available for infants-3 years old. Young children can also enjoy the PrayGround during service, a space for quiet play in the sanctuary. Check out all of our Saint Luke Kids programs.
What if I have questions?
- When you're here, be sure to stop by our welcome center. There, you can ask questions, learn about our programs, and get a tour. We can't wait to meet you!