- Focus on Lutheran Settlement House
- On December 7, the St Luke Endowment and Social Ministry Teams welcome Kelly Davis, executive director of the Lutheran Settlement House to an Adult Forum during the Education Hour. LSH is located at 1340 Frankford Ave in lower-North-Philadelphia, where it provides free, high quality programs and services to individuals and families in adult literacy, GED preparation, ESL, bilingual domestic violence education and services to homeless persons and seniors.
LSH is the recipient of the 2014 outreach allocation from our Endowment funds. The grant supports two LSH programs:
Click on "learn more" for information on these LSH Ministries.
- Teens4Good - Intergenerational Urban Farming Program
- STAR (Students Talking About Relationships)
- Holiday Food Drive
- During the month of November, we will collect non-perishable food and cleaning items for our local food pantry. Laundry Soap, Dish soap, Mayonnaise, Honey, Cereal, Oatmeal, Granola bars are the kinds of items in short supply right now. We'll also be receiving offerings to provide cash support to the Great Valley Food Cupboard. Click HERE for the details, on our Social Ministry Page.
- Celebrating With The Seminary
- The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia (LTSP) will celebrate the inauguration of the Rev. Dr.David
J. Lose as president at a service of installation on Sunday, December 7, 2014.
The Inauguration of President David J. Lose
Date: Sunday, December 7, at 4:00 pm
Location: The Lutheran Church of the Holy Communion
2110 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
A reception for all will be held at the church immediately following the service. Details are at Ltsp.edu.